Sunday, April 12, 2015

You are what you eat



No kidding. That's the food I bought in March (oh, and I probably left out a pasty or two).
The graph shows buying frequency. A mass distribution would be more accurate, but it won't differ much, I think. More bananas, less dairy, but still lots of milk and cookies.

**
So it was another time I searched for plotting software. I gave up on creating tables and getting any statistics, I don't really need it in this case (my first thought was that I want to execute some "SELECT" statements, and that's a little over the top).
I just wanted a nice-looking pie chart.
This time, I tried Edraw. That's a huge monster of a diagram software, but the pictures indeed look nice.
I managed to (more or less quickly) create a two-layered doughnut chart, and yes it looked quite well, but I wanted my own colours. It turned out that Edraw wasn't made for designers :) to change the colour of a chart piece, you have to click about 10 times, and the colour palette itself isn't very handy. And then you have to change styles, and then the legend is too big, and so on.
Try not to forget to uninstall Edraw, then. Shouldn't have downloaded it in the first place; it's way too big and complicated.

You want a good pie chart, you draw it yourself. Back to Inkscape. There.
Yes, I think that's what a 'nice-looking pie chart' is :)


And that's the second part that I wouldn't be able to make in any plotting soft :)


Time to get some healthy habits :) I am already over my average summer weight.

3 comments:

  1. Русский вариант «человек есть то, что он ест» пишется интереснее! Следуя вульгарному материализму Молешотта далее, включай в рацион рыбу, как твой кот с рыбкой; будет фосфор - будут мысли, полегчает! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fish? That's too difficult.
      And then crab sticks got some amount of fish in them.

      Delete
    2. Well, draw the cat with sticks... ;)

      Delete